February 1, 2016
Doors open at 6:30 PM, Caucuses Begin at 7 PM
To participate in the caucus you must sign in or be in line to sign in by 7 PM.
The Caucuses are the way the Iowa Democratic Party helps elect the next president, and chooses the leadership of our local Democratic Party.
Anyone 18 years old by November 8, 2016 and eligible to vote may participate. If you are not registered to vote, have moved, or are not registered as a Democrat, you must sign a new Voter Registration form before you can participate. If you know you need to do this, please come a few minutes early to take care of the simple paperwork.
There will be trained volunteers at each location to explain the caucuses and help make sure every vote is counted and every voice is heard.
In the hour or so after the caucus convenes at 7 PM, your precinct caucus will:
- Sign nomination papers for candidates
- Gather in groups to support your choice for President
- Select two people to represent your precinct on the county Democratic Central Committee
- Elect delegates to the March 2016 County Convention
- Propose planks to go into the Party platform